Meerut14 minutes ago
The dust blowing on the roads, the air getting heavier due to construction works is making the body hollow, only the mask will protect
Those who say goodbye to the mask after passing three phases of the crown, be aware. According to doctors, the threat of the corona has not yet disappeared. Now the dust that flies in the air along with the corona is the enemy of the life of the lungs. Due to rapid construction work in NCR, including Meerut, the percentage of dust in the air has increased to 48 percent. These clouds of dust that rise on the roads are the carriers of many deadly bacteria. Along with this, make a patient of blood cancer, bronchitis, asthma, pneumonia is causing difficulty in breathing. Work on the project that was halted at the time of the Corona has started again. So the dust has started to rise in the air.
Construction projects kicked up the dust
Dust in Meerut TPnagar, dust flies due to heaps of sand
These days work is going on in NCR on all important projects like Rapid Rail, Metro Train, Expressway, Ganga Expressway, Roads, Freight Corridor. The works that stopped in Corona have started again. In this situation, with the increase in the level of PM 2.5, PM 10 in the air, dust particles have increased. 48 percent of PM 2.5 consists only of dust particles, many times the amount of dust particles, which accumulate in the atmosphere due to eroded roads, construction works and from the slightest rain. Along with these particles, dangerous bacteria are also disease carriers. Rapid and metro work was halted between November and December due to increased PM 2.5.
Only 48 percent dust in NCR air
At Maharana Pratap Chowk in Meerut, during the months of November and December, artificial rain was made to prevent dust so that the air remains clean.
In the IIT Kanpur report, 40 percent of PM-2.5 and PM-10 dust particles have been removed from the air of Meerut, NCR. In November 2020, Bhure Lal, who was the chairman of the Environment Pollution Control Authority, imposed a fine on the Meerut-Delhi road and the Meerut-Hapur road due to the high amount of dust. He had slammed the administration over the crumbling roads in Meerut, uncontrolled construction, burning of polythene and solid waste and black ash flying from industrial units. Even after that, the air quality index in Meerut is over 200.
How is this dust a threat to life?
1. Lung disease- The Global Burden of Disease report states that hazardous gases such as carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, ozone, nitrogen dioxide, ozone, ammonia, carbon dioxide from burning industrial chimneys , generators, brick kilns, old vehicles with diesel engines and plastic waste Sickening by reaching the lungs.
2. Patient with blood cancer- PM 2.5 dissolved in the air and the dust present in it is making blood cancer patients. According to chest specialist Dr VN Tyagi, the fine dust particles get stuck in the lungs. The dust particles collect in the fine blood tubes and begin to form a layer. This reduces blood flow. Cadmium, chromium, molybdenum, benzene, nickel, mercury, zinc, iron and selenium particles are increasing blood cancer.
Only a mask can protect from the dust flying on the roads
3. Children are sicker than dust- Dr Vijay Jaiswal, head of the department at Meerut Medical College, says children are the most vulnerable to pollution, construction work and dust in the air. India is losing the highest number of lives per 1000 children in India. Children breathe very fast, in this situation, dust particles and all the deadly bacteria stick with them and go to the lungs through breathing. That weaken the membranes, causing pneumonia, asthma and other diseases.
4. Continuous deaths due to bad air in UP- In UP, 112 deaths per ten thousand population were caused by air pollution, which is the second highest in the country after Chhattisgarh. According to the State of India Environment Report 2022, the average life expectancy in India from polluted air has decreased by 5.9 years. People are losing their lives due to heart attack, stroke, respiratory attack, COPD, chest infection, pneumonia, kidney failure, blood, bone and lung cancer.
5. Increasing the dose of the drug in patients with tuberculosis, The demand for medicines increases for those who are already respiratory patients. The working efficiency of the air filter is decreasing. Respiratory patients must inhale heavy air.
Cracked all over the city including Meerut Cantt area, dust level rises due to torn up road
Now you know the reason for increasing this powder
1. Construction work was halted at the time of the Crown, project work has fully resumed
2. Due to less rain this year across the RCN, dust is flying on the roads. Otherwise, dust and pollution will be buried in the ground due to raindrops.
3. Increased vehicle load on the roads
4. Cement, sand, brick, ballast sold in the open makes the air heavy to blow all day and makes it fatal.
The mask will lighten the air by filtering it
Dr. VN Tyagi
According to senior breast specialist Dr. VN Tyagi, North Indian PM level is very high. This causes breathing problems. In this situation, a mask is very important. That protects from pollution, dust and strong wind. The mask makes it soft by filtering the air and reducing its heaviness, so you don’t have to put as much force into your breathing. The mask prevents all bad bacteria, particles, heavy metals present in the air from outside, which do not reach inside the body and protect from getting sick. Respiratory patients, the elderly, patients continue to receive clean air.