Kerala asks the Union government to approve the quality of the rabies vaccine

listen to the news

A day after a 12-year-old girl died of a stray dog ​​bite despite taking three doses of the vaccine, state health minister Veena George on Tuesday asked the Union health minister to look into the quality of the rabies vaccine available in the country. George said a letter was sent to Union minister Mansukh Mandaviya asking five people from the state to put their fears aside after the death despite being vaccinated against rabies. The Central Medicines Laboratory ensures the quality of vaccines and issues certificates. Five people who died from dog bites died recently despite being vaccinated. He died despite receiving the vaccine and this has generated concern among citizens.

George said the letter was sent with details of the vaccine and batch number. The health department has also launched a campaign to raise public awareness about stray dog ​​bites. Meanwhile, the Kerala Government Medical Association (KGMOA) denied allegations that there were any lapses by the authorities of the hospital where the girl was initially treated. KGMOA said in a statement that Pathanamthitta General Hospital has provided a globally accepted treatment system for the child. It is a shame that the child lost his life despite receiving treatment and vaccinations.

The KGMOA also said the boy had severe injuries to his face and eyes, which allowed the infection to spread quickly to the brain and affect the nervous system before drugs were effective. Sources in the health department had earlier said that test results from the National Institute of Virology (NIV) in Pune, Maharashtra, confirmed that the girl died of rabies. Doctors attending to the victim had told the media that the girl had been bitten on the neck and face and that it was easy for the virus to reach the brain quickly, despite giving immunoglobulins.

The girl’s parents alleged that they had earlier taken their daughter to the Perunad Community Health Center in Kerala’s Pathanamthitta district, but it was then closed. The girl, a resident of Ranni in Kerala’s Pathanamthitta district, was on her way to buy milk on the morning of August 14 when she was badly bitten by a stray dog. After that they gave him three vaccinations. He was rushed to Pathanamthitta General Hospital on Friday evening after his health deteriorated, but as his condition was critical, he was shifted to Kottayam Medical College.

expansion

A day after a 12-year-old girl died of a stray dog ​​bite despite taking three doses of the vaccine, state health minister Veena George on Tuesday asked the Union health minister to look into the quality of the rabies vaccine available in the country. George said a letter was sent to Union minister Mansukh Mandaviya asking five people from the state to put their fears aside after the death despite being vaccinated against rabies. The Central Medicines Laboratory ensures the quality of vaccines and issues certificates. Five people who died from dog bites died recently despite being vaccinated. He died despite receiving the vaccine and this has generated concern among citizens.

George said the letter was sent with details of the vaccine and batch number. The health department has also launched a campaign to make people aware of stray dog ​​bites. Meanwhile, the Kerala Government Medical Association (KGMOA) denied allegations that there were any lapses by the authorities of the hospital where the girl was initially treated. KGMOA said in a statement that Pathanamthitta General Hospital has provided a globally accepted treatment system for the child. It is a shame that the child lost his life despite receiving treatment and vaccinations.

The KGMOA also said the boy had severe injuries to his face and eyes, which allowed the infection to spread quickly to the brain and affect the nervous system before drugs were effective. Sources in the health department had earlier said that test results from the National Institute of Virology (NIV) in Pune, Maharashtra, confirmed that the girl died of rabies. Doctors attending to the victim had told the media that the girl had been bitten on the neck and face and that it was easy for the virus to reach the brain quickly, despite giving immunoglobulins.

The girl’s parents alleged that they had earlier taken their daughter to the Perunad Community Health Center in Kerala’s Pathanamthitta district, but it was then closed. The girl, a resident of Ranni in Kerala’s Pathanamthitta district, was on her way to buy milk on the morning of August 14 when she was badly bitten by a stray dog. After that they gave him three vaccinations. He was rushed to Pathanamthitta General Hospital on Friday evening after his health deteriorated, but as his condition was critical, he was shifted to Kottayam Medical College.

Leave a Comment